Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cover of the Week

Welcome to my reveal for cover of the week. Since I've been doing these weekly posts, there have been several surprise winners. A lot of picks have come from books I haven't or wouldn't touch. Such is the case with today's winner. Let's greet Green Lantern: New Guardians #12.


When Tyler Kirkham took over art duties on the previous Green Lantern Corps series, I had never heard of him but I was glad he did. I definitely like his work. You get a taste of that on this cover depicting GL Kyle Rayner on his knees. He's being held in place by energies of five of the various Corps. When used with more vibrant colors, the power of the different Corps can really pop. Green Lantern: New Guardians is a good example. As stated, I like Kirkham's art and I've been meaning to check for any other books he's worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment