Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Comic Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Book Day! As always, there are tons of good books in stores today. Some of my recommendations are East of West #3 and Spawn #232 from Image Comics as well as Suicide Risk #2 from BOOM! Studios. I also found out Larfleeze will have an ongoing series starting this month. I have no interest in that book, but find it funny enough to mention this once. And never again.

Let's welcome back Mark Brooks as he graces Fearless Defenders #5 with another fantastic cover. He knows how to hit our multiple interests. First it was a cover resembling action figure packaging, now it's video game time.

As I've said before, I'm a fan of Brooks' art. I've also been a gamer for most of my life. Here, Brooks shows off some of Marvel's greatest women in a character selection screen reminiscent of Street Fighter. The fighters represented here are Valkyrie, sporting some new duds, and She-Hulk, in her Marvel NOW! FF costume. While I really don't care for the new FF costumes, I like She-Hulk enough, so it's okay. We are talking Mark Brooks here, people. I'm sure he can make anyone look good.

Quick side note: there are actually quite a few video game related covers this week. I say keep them coming. Long live comics and video games. Now go out and buy some books.

No comments:

Post a Comment