Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Day! Happy 4th of July, if you celebrate it. Realize that not everyone celebrates the same things and not everyone sees this country the same way you might. Just think about that. The thinking behind that is best left for another time. Anyway, I'll try to make this brief so you all can get on to or back to whatever you were doing on this very TOASTY Wednesday.

There weren't too many books that caught my eye this week. It's a sad day (not really) when my cover of the week pool is this slim. It's rather fitting that this book celebrates turning one year old as it earns my coveted (maybe?) Cover of the Week trophy (can you say no-prize?). Ladies and gentlemen of comicdom, here is Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #12.


Kaare Andrews shows us mid-scene how a fight between rising star Miles Morales and his uncle, the Prowler, would look. I can't wait to read it. I like the webbing in the background. There's broken glass flying around. And we can't forget the battle-damaged costumes. Very nice.

Let me know what you think. Happy reading and be safe today. Oh yeah, stay cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment