Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cover of the Week

Happy New Comic Day! We're a few days removed from C2E2 and I'm sure everyone who hit the show is still adjusting to "normal" life. I have class, papers, and tests coming up so my re-adjustment period was real quick. But that doesn't mean we can't have fun, right? Right.

I was tempted to choose one of the Amazing Spider-Man covers because of the slick depictions of Sandman doing his grainy thing. But I opted for the Kryptonian flygirl. So this week my pick is Supergirl #8. Take a look at one of my favorite DC Comics characters.


George Perez is filling in as artist for this issue. I'll be honest and say I've never liked his art. It just doesn't appeal to me. But I'm not here to trash his work, that's not my style. I chose this piece because I like how Supergirl is trapped inside of the Silver Banshee's body. It's just a cool look. This series is one of the better DCnU books in my opinion. I can't wait to get my hands on this book to see what the new Silver Banshee is like.

Head on out to your shop and pick up Supergirl #8 along with whatever amazing books you're reading. That's what I'll be doing in a short while. Keep celebrating comics my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment