Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cover of the Week

New Comic Book Day has come and gone. I hope it was good for everyone. I picked up a ton of books and can't wait to read them. Two books I ordered didn't come in, but that happens unfortunately.

Now let's get to some serious business. Yes, it's Cover of the Week. Sometimes a cover can sell a book. Sometimes a cover will keep a book on the shelf. But that's pretty rare. Or is it? Check out Phil Noto's cover for Astonishing X-Men #55.

Noto's cover depicts the X-Men as part of the ammo belt for a weapon. That by itself gets my vote. On the belt are Wolverine, Iceman, Gambit, Northstar and Warbird. It does tie into the ongoing story; you'll know how if you're reading this title. I'm curious about the language going down the cover just under the trigger. We'll to just have to read to find out what it means.

What do you think? Do you have another pick in mind? Let the world know. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment