Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cover of the Week for 3-14-12

Happy New Comic Day! It's a beautiful day for buying and reading some comics. I've been playing comic catch-up for some time and am pleased to say that I am just about current on most of my books. I'm only a couple weeks behind. And with this week's releases, I'll have some good spring break reading to look forward to.

But enough of that, let's get to why you're here. There weren't that many covers that stood out. But the one I picked represents something that I've become quite fond of in recent years. So ladies and gentlemen of comics, watch as I hand the crown to Thief of Thieves #2.


Shaun Martinbrough, who's also the interior artist of the series, provided the art for this heist cover. The reason I like this piece is because I'm a fan of heist fiction, if that's what you can call it. But I suppose the broader term would be crime fiction. This cover reminds me of the Kane & Lynch video game series, the movies Heat and Takers, and so much more. Martinbrough has money and jewelry falling around everywhere. A fresh heist, you gotta love it. When I browsed Previews and saw the solicit for this, I was tempted to order it, but I didn't. Now I'm thinking I want to check the book out. If my lcs has copies of #1 around, then I'm all over it.

So what do you think funny book lovers? Thoughts on the series if you're reading it? Thoughts on the cover? Let me know. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment