Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cover of the Week for 3-7-12

Happy New Comic Day! I've been a bit distracted with a test and some other stuff. I felt good about the test and now that it's out of the way, we can get to some comic fun. It seemed to be a pretty light week. Well it is for me. And since I'm behind in my reading anyway and my wallet could use the break, I'm fine with that. This week I present the first Aspen book to take the weekly crown. Why is that noteworthy? It's really not, just wanted to point it out. Take a look at Charismagic #5.


This book stood out to me because of the colors used and the vibrant look of them. I love the cool colors. And this cover has all three. A fully-clothed lady wielding a cool sword never hurts either. I like cats too. This cover has a lot to visually take in. Lovely, lovely piece. Khary Randolph and Emilio Lopez, nice work my artistic friends. I don't read much Aspen regularly. And I can't say I'd be interested in this book based on previews. But I could definitely see adding it to my collection if I found it at a convention. And that's solely based on the cover. I've done that for tons of books. Of course I'd still read it. It would be a crime otherwise.

I should come up with a nerdy exit line. Until then, thanks for stopping by fellow nerds. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment