Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Thoughts - New 52 Edition

Hello hello comic fans. Another new comic day has come and gone. I've been catching up on some New 52 books and looking at my pull-list. I've trimmed some fat on there during this first half of 2012 and made a few more cuts very recently. Many of these changes are from the DC section. So for this week I decided to dedicate my Thursday Thoughts to the DCnU. Here we go people.

1. The Superman books both suck. I read both for a few issues and had to end that quickly. My thinking was ok, here's the New 52, maybe they'll make Superman interesting. I gave him an honest chance. Well several technically. Two titles and a couple issues of each. But they just didn't do anything for me.

2. Speaking of the Superman family, Supergirl's book is much better. I'm really liking the writing and the art. I can't wait to see what they have in store for Kara down the line.

3. I just dropped Green Lantern. I let it go on for too long. I wasn't enjoying anything about the book. I don't really care for Hal Jordan and while Sinestro can have some badass moments, for the most part, it's not mindblowing. I've really only been reading the title because I like the idea of the Lanterns. But I like John Stewart and Guy Gardner so much more. They should get more attention than Hal and Kyle.

4. I kinda want this Night of the Owls stuff to be done. I'm torn on the whole subject. I wasn't digging it at first, then I got into it. But then it kept dragging on and now I'm tempted to drop the books involving the story and pick them back up after this story is done. It has however seemed to have amped up a bit. I know for sure that I won't be reading any books that I'm not already reading. Not happening.

5. I've read some of the previous Birds of Prey series and have enjoyed most of what I've read. When it was announced that the team would be apart of the New 52, it was automatic that I'd try it. It's been good. I've been a fan of Black Canary for a bit but she's been easily outshined by Katana and Starling. They're the stars of the series.

Thanks for joining me in this rant about the DCnU. What do you think about what I think? Any shared feelings? Any thoughts otherwise? All comments welcome. Keep it geeky friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment